A Swedish home in a former shop

I do love a conversion, don't you? I've featured many here before, including a former  barn, garage, bar, artist's atelier, carpenter's workshop, vicarage, schoolhouse and even monk's retreat, and they all have something very special about them. A history. I was therefore thrilled to discover this home in a former shop in Rörjostad / Värnhem here in Malmö today. It belongs to Emma Parkinson - an extremely talented interior designer who I've had the pleasure of meeting a few times.  Emma has successfully turned the 1920's building into a lovely family home. Prying eyes are kepy at bay with a simple film on the lower half of the windows and the walls have been kept fresh white to allow light to bounce around. What a truly lovely space. And it's actually for sale if anyone's tempted?!


















Bo-laget . Homeowner: Emma Parkinson
 
What do you think - could you live here?

This is the second time we've seen green in the bathroom in as many weeks (remember this home with the green splashback?). I think the sink looks great against the white tiles with black grouting in this home, how about you?

I love the children's room too - I've used hearts instead of dots on the walls of my little girls room, I also love clouds and raindrops too. They don't have to be kept to kids rooms though- as you can see from this adult bedroom! Such a pretty way to quickly update a room.

I also spy - the mark eden schooey koushi light, Eames RAR rocking chair, Chrome C print, similar spotty cushion, dot wallstickers on children's wall, washi tape and Aesop soap.

Have a lovely day!

PS I can't wait to see what Emma does with her next home! 
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment