A dream houseboat on lake Eildon

Hello! Happy Monday! If you're at the office starting a long week of work, don't worry, I've got just the home for you. Sit back, and dream you're actually here, in this magnificent houseboat overlooking Lake Eildon, Australia. Designed by Pipkorn & Kilpatrick for a family looking for a place from which to wile away a lakeside holiday, the houseboat is made with natural, sustainable materials which reflect the light from the lake. It's simplicity let's the beautiful vistas do the talking. I could spend my entire summer on that deck, how about you?










Pipkorn & Kilpatrick. Photography: Christina Francis. Post inspired by Coco Lapine Design with thanks

Imagine sitting out on that terrace with a book and glass of something cool? *Sigh*. Could you wile away a summer here?

The folklore-style cushions on the sofa are not unlike the beautiful ones from Saana Ja Olli (see the Finnish couple's home here).

Another houseboat I've show of late is fabulous for other reasons here.

As you've probably read before, my family and I are keen sailors and love to spend our summers sailing around the Swedish islands on our boat A La Vie (named after our children). That's why I was completely taken by this beautiful sail boat - so idyllic, right?! After seeing this, I might just spend the winter working on the interior of our boat. Watch this space!

Have a dreamy Monday!
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment