The Witness in New York (it's fab!)

Hello there! I hope you're having a great start to the week? If not, I'm sure this space will brighten up your day no end, it certainly has mine! There's an exciting trend of fab boutique interior stores disguised as apartments right now. And today I'm so excited to introduce you to the The Witness, a 2000 square foot concept store in the heart of New York. The owners work in collaboration with furniture brands and emerging industrial designers and bring their vision to the space every three months with an aim to help solve interior conundrums. Let's take a peek inside apartment 8....








Witness Apartment. Photographer Fran Parente. Stylist Rebecca Bartoshesky. Found via Hege in France with thanks.

Well, that's my interior puzzle solved, how about yours?!

What impresses me the most is how the designers have turned an industrial loft with concrete floors and large windows into a completely cosy space? I attribute it to the soft textiles (linen bedding, sheer curtains, sheepskins), natural materials such as wood and an abundance of plants in baskets rather than pots as well as the warm touches of orange and yellow.  Either way, they'd never get rid of me!

Is this your kind of space?

Other incredible apartment concept stores include The Line (also in New York), The Apartment in Copenhagen and The loft in Holland.

Oh, on the subject of shopping -  Scandinavian homewares store Lo + Behold is offering 20% off everything in the shop to My Scandinavian Home readers with the code MSH20 until Sunday 10th May - including L:A Bruket - you know, the divine handwash, soaps and body lotions seen in bathrooms across Sweden?! I know! I've also got my eye on all items by House of Rym, this beautiful concrete ceiling light and as always, several cushions! 20% discount did they say? This could be dangerous!

Have a great day!

Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment