An idyllic Swedish summer cottage in Orust

With preperations under way in Sweden for one of the biggest events of the calendar year - midsummer's eve, I thought it would be apt to show a pretty former sea captain's cottage over looking the beautiful Gothenburg archipelego, on Sweden's west coast. What a perfect spot this would be to enjoy the longest day of the year: sing, eat and dance around a maypole with family and friends, don't you think?














55 Kvadrat. Photography: Anders Bergstedt

Just so idyllic!

And guess what...it's for sale! How incredibly tempting! Could you spend your summer's here?

More pictures and the complete details here.

The Gothenburg archipelago is one of my favourite places in the world, it's absolutely stunning. My family and I have spent many incredible summers sailing around the islands. Do let me know if you ever visit and I can give you some tips.

More Scandinavian summer cottage tours here if I've got you in the mood (this one might come up first so just scroll passed). 

Don't miss my mini midsummer's eve guide tomorrow...wild flowers at the ready!

Have a lovely day!
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment